Friday, January 9, 2009

PADI AOW here I come

I've set a personal goal to complete my Advanced Open Water (AOW) certification before the end of the month. As a voracious reader, this means that I've officially put myself on restrictions from reading anything other than my AOW instruction book.

I only have to study through around 400 pages that cover knowledge development for the two required components - the Deep and Underwater Navigation Dives. Additional material covers Underwater Photography, Night Diver, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Wreck Diver, Boat Diver and Underwater Naturalist.

I've already accomplished the dives and boat training that goes along with this certification. So, once I finish reading, I'll take the test and be a PADI AOW certified diver. Wahoo!

2 comments:

Lee said...

Thats really cool. I have a diver certifications also. It takes time and dedication. Good luck with it!

Anonymous said...

Very, very cool. I got certified while living in Key West... and got AOW while working in Hawaii. I don't get to dive as much as I would like... but it's great seeing and hearing all of your adventures!

Got to love some Joyous...