Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bitten by the fossil finding bug - - or should I say tooth

Lee and I went to the fossil show yesterday. It was absolutely fascinating. You know, I've studied fossils in school and taught kids about them when I used to teach. I've even made a point of visiting museums to see fossil exhibits across the nation. But I've never seen personal collections like this.


It was exciting and interesting to talk to people about their finds. And it made me anxious to try my hand at underwater fossil hunting. I can't wait to get back in the water to see fish - - and now to find some teeth... I've been bitten - - by the fossil hunting bug... so much so that I dreamt about it last night. Look out fossil hunters - - there's another hunter seeking in the waters now...


Check out the photos Lee took of the collections at the show on photobucket.


Here are some megalodon sharks teeth Lee previously found while diving here in Charleston, SC.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Joy is SOOOOOO hooked. She has the fossil addiction.