Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dives 3 & 4

Getting ready for a dive is exciting. Today we're traveling to North Myrtle Beach to dive on the S.S. Sherman. We're doing this through Coastal Scuba, an outfit that Lee has used many times over the years. Lee has gone diving on the Sherman before and found some interesting Civil War artifacts.



For me, I'll be completing dives three and four. I have three skills to check-out on: putting my mask on underwater, swimming with my compass, and taking my BCD off and putting it back on at the surface. Once I'm done with those I'll be able to enjoy the dives. At the end I will be official and get my C-card. :-)



Here's some info about the Sherman:


Originally a 200 ft. blockade-runner, this 120 year old post-Civil War wreck lies in 52 feet of water about 6 miles offshore. Always surrounded by multitudes of marine life, the SHERMAN also offers a variety of artifacts for the careful hunter. US belt buckles, buttons, bottles and fossils have been found on this site. Great for new or experienced divers.

No comments: